Winnipeg, Manitoba (Monday, May 9, 2022): Delphi Technology Corp is honoured to receive the prestigious Startup Business of the Year Award from CanadaSME (Small and Medium Enterprises) Business Magazine. The award was presented Friday, May 6 at a virtual celebration to Delphi Founders, Alan Tay and Mike Bogaars. This national prize is awarded to startup companies that have shown significant promise through their growth and successful business strategy.
“While an aviator at heart, first working for the Royal Singapore Air Force, here was always a part of me that was driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for innovation,” says Alan Tay, “Michael Bogaars and I founded Delphi Technology Corp with the belief that the future of aeronautics professionals lies in the use of emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence virtual instructors and augmented reality simulations.”
Delphi Technologies Corp is disrupting the industry with a virtual training platform that addresses the shortage of labour and insufficient training capacity to meet the needs of tomorrow. As a virtual training platform, VR City provides training anywhere in the world, offering Artificial Intelligence adaptive instruction as well as flight simulation. With high accessibility at a lower cost barrier, VR City can be used to its fullest capabilities to produce interactive, accessible, and affordable courses for students.
The growth of Delphi Technology Corp is due in large part to collaborations with a variety of aviation and aerospace organizations including:
● Manitoba Aerospace – expanding industry Aerospace & Aviation in Manitoba (AAiM) event to a week-long format, delivering virtual aviation and aerospace introductory STEM modules to over 800 students throughout the province including Northern Communities.
● Manitoba Education – creating STEM programs for grades 6 to 9, validating and testing Aircraft Maintenance & Manufacturing Orientation Program modules with students from Tec-Voc High School.
● Elevate Aviation in Alberta – a non-profit organization, Delphi helped expand options for female aviation enthusiasts through our non-biased AI-driven adaptive learning platform.
● University of Alberta & University of Manitoba – developing the virtual platform that combines online ground school and a 3D simulator with real time assessment capability, especially useful during the pandemic.
● Springbank Air Training College (Calgary) – providing ab-initio complementary pilot training for the airline professional programmes.
● CAREERS: The Next Generation (Alberta foundation) – we provided paid work experience and academic credit for high school students as they prepared for technology jobs in the province.
● Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute (AMII) – validation and proof of concept for Delphi Tech to incorporate Artificial Intelligence into VR City.
Delphi Technology Corp provides adaptive virtual training tools catering to different learning styles that meet the needs of a new generation of aviators, as well as the practical demands of the aeronautics industry. VR City, a metaverse environment, is positioned as the main teaching instrument starting with a virtual community of aspiring aviators.
The CanadianSME Business Awards is designed to recognize and celebrate the contribution that small business owners provide for Canada’s economy. The business awards represent excellence and accomplishment for entrepreneurs because it recognizes and validates all the hard work they have put into making a successful business. The awards also represent several opportunities for businesses, including increasing their credibility to investors and customers.
Delphi Communications previously won the Performance Award from Sustainability Impact Corporate for Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) on August 21, 2021 for excellence in practices related to the United Nations Development Programme for sustainability.